(Please be on the look out over the next few weeks for upcoming posts about the membership survey results and a separate post about the recently approved NYS PTA position papers.)
NYS PTA Online Membership System
by Sean Hannam,
NYS PTA Membership Coordinator
We are excited to announce that Phase One of our new Online Membership System is nearly complete! It had it's coming out party at our recent Summer Leadership Conference and was greeted with much excitement and anticipation.
Guided by the feedback we have received from our members, this online system aims to:
- help us to become more economical, ecological, technological and timely;
- provide units an easy, convenient and accurate way to maintain a roster of their members; and
- provide units a single source to send information to their members via email and/or text.
- gain and maintain members from areas that were previously under-represented, including out of town family and friends, local businesses and others in the community who may wish to become members, even though they may not necessarily be active members of the school community; and
- send links to these prospective members allowing them the opportunity to show their support by becoming a member (and paying their dues) online without the need to attend a meeting or event in person.